Deep Thoughts

Rick Warren (via Twitter): No one can control your emotions without your permission. Who are you allowing to ruin your day?



Wednesday, August 12

Fun Stuff

Although I love arts and crafts, I don't always spend the time to do a lot with the kids. They do painting with water colors and coloring rather often, but beyond that we don't always get motivated to get more inventive. I have a TON of books with activity ideas, so I don't even really need to be inventive, I just need to get out the supplies (which we have a TON of as well). They just do so darn well playing together with their own games and activities, they don't seem to need a lot of direction from me. Anyway . . .

Last week a friend came to stay with them while I went to a "thing" and she did a fun craft with them. It involved using shaving cream and food coloring- so not for the faint of heart. :) You can find the directions HERE and check out some of the finished products below.



This week (although it doesn't take much creativity), we taped a big piece of paper to the wall in our entryway area, and the kids created an ocean mural. We haven't painted the ocean water on yet, but you can get a glimpse of the critters in the photos below, some more recognizable than others depending on the age of the artist.





Yesterday, the big kids were coloring and they each put their finished products into envelopes to share. Their envelopes were so cute, I had to take a picture of those that I included here too.



1 comment:

Lisa said...

What is above Beyond Cute? Because that's what these pictures are! :)