Deep Thoughts

Rick Warren (via Twitter): No one can control your emotions without your permission. Who are you allowing to ruin your day?



Saturday, August 8

Brown Bag Lunches

School starts soon, and I am going to ask for your favorite brown bag lunch tips. Everyone has something to contribute here, whether you are a . . .

MOM, ummm ... I mean PARENT
who currently is or has in the past packed school lunches for kids

or a

KID
who currently is or has in the past eaten a packed school lunch.

I feel like I have been fairly successful in the past with packing lunches, but I am adding an eater this year and am always interested in new ideas. I was also talking to a mom the other day who will be starting this journey for the first time and was voicing some uncertainty about this new realm.

Anyway, I am looking for anything from foods to try, how to keep things warm or cold, what to avoid, how to streamline the packing process, how to package goodies to avoid squishing, how to keep things "green" by not using so many plastic baggies, . . . anything!

So, all you experienced eaters and packers out there, tell me what you know even if it just what your favorite brown bag lunch was as a kid.

3 comments:

harkinna said...

what if you are an adult consumer of brown bag lunches?

SAHM said...

That works for me, and you used to be a kid so you are definitely covered in having input here. What do you have to share?

Allison said...

I know I am late on responding but at Bed Bath and Beyond there are some great containers called Fit and Fresh that come with an ice pack that fits in the top of the box, then a main container and two small containers to keep everything separate, cold, and not smashed. They also have a fruit and veggie bowl and a salad bowl that keep the dressing separate. I also think I saw something similar at walmart. Hope that helps!
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=109762&RN=204&.