Deep Thoughts

Rick Warren (via Twitter): No one can control your emotions without your permission. Who are you allowing to ruin your day?



Sunday, August 9

Discontinued

I seem to have troubles with finding a product that I like, and then soon after I discover it, it becomes discontinued.

Although it probably doesn't need to be said, THIS IS FRUSTRATING!

It happens with all sorts of products- food, styling products, make-up, cleaning supplies . . . you name it, and if I have used it and liked it - it is unlikely to be sold in stores anymore!

Okay, so maybe it isn't quite that bad, but it has happened often enough that I somewhat scared to try something new for fear that I will like it and be disappointed yet again when I can no longer find it on the shelves of my local store.

Some products I have liked well enough to search on-line to order from somewhere else or retreive from some ebay seller, but most often I just sigh and carry on.

Now, I will admit that some items I refer to were clearance items that I got because they were a good deal, but definitely not ALL (or even the majority) have been obtained in that situation.

The moral of the story may be: If you know me and are making, selling, promoting a product, don't give it to me to try!

(sigh)

3 comments:

harkinna said...

can you give us a list of what you like?

SAHM said...

Probably my most missed items include Suave's shampoo and conditioner that are for curly hair. Before I found Suave, I had been using Avon's shampoo and conditioner for curly hair which I also liked, but it was discontinued as well. The strange part is both lines still make a variety of products-just not the stuff for curly hair. I guess curly hair is out (you know all the flat irons and such are a big thing these days it seems), and so they maybe they just don't sell enough?! It is not worth it to me to spend big bucks on styling products, but both of those lines worked great and were inexpensive.

The other one that I still miss is a line of frozen Chinese food, but the name of it escapes me right now.

SAHM said...

Sooo . . . I just looked at ebay to see if they have any Suave shampoos and conditioners and there are some available. The trouble is with shipping and all it works out to be about $8 a bottle and even though I am sure that is less than fancy products from the salon, it does cost more than I am normally willing to spend. Then I remind myself how much I miss having my good shampoo and that I should just go for it. Then I think about school tuition, our van that may not last much longer, and ever increasing grocery bill. Maybe I should give up my soda drinking addiction and go for good hair instead. I am sure it will better for me all around to have good hair and less sugar! :)