Deep Thoughts

Rick Warren (via Twitter): No one can control your emotions without your permission. Who are you allowing to ruin your day?



Thursday, August 20

Busy Time of Year

. . . okay, I will admit that there really doesn't seem to be an "un-busy" time of year . . . EVER . . . but sometimes I seem busier with out-of-the-ordinary tasks (Spirit Week at school or VBS at church, for example) and sometimes it is due to new things being added to the agenda. This time it is more due to the "new" things that is leading me to feel "busy". And although it doesn't really matter to anyone else and is not all that enlightning or entertaining, I am going to list some of the things that come to mind because it will help remind me why I shouldn't be spending rest time (the kids' rest time, that is) sitting at my computer.

I sent two kids back to school today.

I have an extra one at home; he came back on Tuesday. :)

I am working on hiring new people for the nursery at church.

I am working on new literature for the nursery - brochures, procedures, signage, etc.

I am planning curriculum for the two year old Sunday school class I will start teaching in September.

I need to be ready to prep the materials for new curriculum that will be used for the 3-4 year old children's church for September.

I need to clean out some spaces at church that are used for nursery and children's church materials. (Clutter seems to become overbearing after a few years.)

I need to start actually paying attention to our budgeting now that tuition payments have started again!

The kids are also signed up for activities this fall which is the first time I have ever done that. With it being football season, it always seems busy enough, but. . .

Robbie is old enough so I think he will handle it just fine. He is really interested in football, therefore, he will be playing flag football through our YMCA starting in September. It is a short, informal season but should be a lot of fun.

Alexa is going to continue gymnastics for at least the first nine weeks of school. She has been doing a great job with it and really enjoys it. It seems like it has been good for her confidence, and I think she enjoys having something that is just for her.

Rachel and Cole will continue for a while with their morning "gym play" class as well. We go on Mondays when I don't have my extra one in tow, and they really like it. I enjoy it as well since it is something special to do with them that is just about them.

No comments: