Deep Thoughts

Rick Warren (via Twitter): No one can control your emotions without your permission. Who are you allowing to ruin your day?



Tuesday, January 12

Good-bye to an Old Friend

For those who have been following along the last week or so, you know I have been doing some cleaning up and out. As I was packing the van this afternoon with things to drop off at our local Life Services office (crib mattress, bedding, etc.), I had to get one item back out for one last picture.

I don't know who all reads this blog, but for anyone who has known me for a long time, you might recognize this. It is the comforter I bought when I went to college. I used it up until the day I got married. When Robbie moved into a twin bed, I gave him the choice to go buy something or use this one. He chose this one, so he has been using it the last (almost) four years as well. I would say I definitely got my money's worth.

It is kind of sad to see it go, and I actually considered keeping it for extra bedding when we have company or for picnics or whatever. However, I have been at a "clean out" stage of life for the last few years, so I would rather share it with someone else who might be able to enjoy it for four years or more than have it sit in my closet.

I did have to take one last picture though!

Am I pathetic or what?!?! Getting all sappy about a comforter!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

(sniff sniff) I am missing this blanket now too! Must be the mickey heads.

Goof for you though finding a new use for it. :)

Lisa said...

I meant GOOD! Goof is kind of goofy! Must be a Disney moment I was having! :)

harkinna said...

awe...I read your blog...and I remember the comforter! Loved it and so will someone else.

Anonymous said...

Oh, comforter, I remember you. Good times were had during those years, that's for sure!!