Deep Thoughts

Rick Warren (via Twitter): No one can control your emotions without your permission. Who are you allowing to ruin your day?



Tuesday, January 5

Sidetracked!

One of the things I did earlier this morning was go to Stillwater Bedmart to put an order in for another set of bunkbeds. All four kids have been sleeping in the same room for a couple of months now, but the little ones are still in their toddler beds which they are quickly outgrowing (...especially Cole).

At the shop, I was told they actually had one last set of bunkbeds in the store room ready to go home with me. The one mattress I needed to buy was coming in on the noon truck. They had the "bunky boards" and everything. I paid the cost, and went home with the good news.

The next several hours went like this . . .

Take apart toddler beds and let the people who are waiting to have them next know that they are available.

Did some of the toy sorting, arranging, etc.

Made lunch to feed hungry little people

Went to Wal-Mart to get the extra bedding we needed to make up four twin size beds

Headed back to pick up the bed and supplies

Let the man of the house assemble the new bunk beds

Did four loads of laundry including old bedding we don't need anymore, new stuff that we are using, and old things we will continue to use

Made dinner

Cleaned up dinner

Put bedding on all four bunk beds . . . for anyone who has made up a bunk bed before, you all know this is NOT EASY . . . Whew!

Bathed three kids

Did a whirl wind pick up of the rest of the house

Put four kids to bed

All this to say, that I got sidetracked today from my main goal of taking care of toys. Like I said, I did make some progress in the toy area. I will work on it more tomorrow while the little kids are playing and my big kids are back at school for their first day of school in 2010.

And, for those smarty pants out there, who want to tell me I didn't HAVE to bring home the bunk beds today -or at least did not have to set them up today- just because they were available, well, you just don't know me very well! :)

No comments: