Deep Thoughts

Rick Warren (via Twitter): No one can control your emotions without your permission. Who are you allowing to ruin your day?



Tuesday, February 2

Recipe Misprint?

I just made Chocolate Sundae Pie.

The crust and inside got put together just fine. The topping was supposed to be 1/2 cup of chocolate syrup and 1/2 cup pecans "drizzled" over the filling.

Well, I'll tell you that a half cup of syrup covered the entire pie and then some! As for the pecans, I didn't even get through half of those and I felt like the entire top was covered with those as well.

Now I don't know about you, but when I hear the word "drizzle", I am thinking cute little zig-zags or swirls of chocolate sauce with pecans sprinkled about.
Unfortunately, there was not a picture with this recipe, so I don't know if it really was a misprint or if "drizzle" was not used properly.

I know the next time I make this recipe, I will definitely adjust the amounts so that I don't spend 10 minutes cleaning up chocolate sauce that is covering the edge of the pan as well as my counter and trying to get the unused pecans back in the bag.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

check out my recipe blog!

http://easypeasypickyeaters.blogspot.com/