Deep Thoughts

Rick Warren (via Twitter): No one can control your emotions without your permission. Who are you allowing to ruin your day?



Tuesday, September 29

Why is it . . .

that some of the foods I enjoy most are ones my kids can't seem to stand?!

I made chicken pot pie yesterday which is totally one of my favorites -definitely something I would put in the comfort food category- but not a single one of my kids enjoys it. Three of them had their obligatory bite to be excused from the table, and the other picked through and ate a few bites - but that was it. Seriously?! I don't even consider my kids to be all that picky either. They definitely have favorites, but for the most part are good sports about eating (at least trying) most things.

So, last night, even though the five of us sat down to eat dinner together, it was kind of a lonely meal because I was the only one eating. :(

I am surprised none of them woke up at 4:00 a.m. hungry for breakfast!

1 comment:

harkinna said...

maybe they snuck into the kitchen for some cereal!! :)