Deep Thoughts

Rick Warren (via Twitter): No one can control your emotions without your permission. Who are you allowing to ruin your day?



Wednesday, September 9

Esther

One of the two books of the Bible named after a woman.

Part of the Bible I have studied before.

A book of the Bible that doesn't once use the word "God".

A Jewish woman who married a heathen king to save her people.

The name of the new Bible Study I just started at church today . . .

and am very excited about. The lesson I am doing this time is from Beth Moore -whom I love- and is different than my previous study. I will have to get out my old book and notes though to refresh what I learned the last time.

It takes a lot of work to really do a Beth Moore study as there are five days of homework lessons during the nine week series. The Women's group I meet with gets together every Wednesday for an hour and a half to do the weekly video series and for discussion. I am not deterred though!

I joined this group two and a half years ago, but then took a hiatus last year while I was watching my day baby as I opted to attend the Mom's Group that also meets at our church and didn't feel right about leaving him two mornings a week in someone else's care since I was getting paid to care for him. I haven't changed my views on that, but this year I have decided to do the Bible Study group instead. I really missed it last year, so I am very excited to be back with this unique and special group of ladies and to learn a lot. You might even get stuck hearing about it every now and then.

No comments: