Deep Thoughts

Rick Warren (via Twitter): No one can control your emotions without your permission. Who are you allowing to ruin your day?



Sunday, September 20

Goings On

Things have been busy around here . . .

Gymnastics once a week for the three youngest kiddos.

Robbie had his first flag football practice and game this week - too cute! I loved it!

I have started teaching the two year old Sunday school class at church, and it is so much fun! Those little people are so sweet and ready just to soak up whatever I have to say. I'm so glad we got the class started. So exciting!

Still pondering my cousin's death and her four little children at home with their dad.

My good friend Kelly's five year old has been in and out of the hospital with pneumonia and plueral efusion and now has a chest tube in. Her other two boys are staying with friends for the weekend while she and her husband are with the middle son at the hospital in Indianapolis.

My day baby wasn't feeling so good this week - lots of teeth coming in, lots of drool, much crying. By Friday, he was starting to feel better though - yea, sweet boy!

Rachel and Robbie have had a fever in the last two weeks- gone after just one dose of medicine with no additional symptons. ??

Rob, Cole, and I have all had congestion, cough, sore throats, but no fever. The boys are over it; I am in it right now.

Alexa is the only one who has stayed completely healthy, but she is so worn out and still adjusting to this routine of all day school, that by Thursday each week she is about ready to crack. She made it through another week though and is doing great!

Robbie got his mid-term grades for the first quarter- they range from 92% in one class to 100% in six classes to 102% in yet another. I know, I know . . . he really needs to work on that 92%! Never fear, we will get things under control! :)

We hosted Rob's mom last weekend while she came for a visit. Always nice to have her here with us, and the kids definitely enjoy the extra attention! Robbie said when she left, "It won't be as much fun jump roping without Grandma here!"

Well, that is all that I think I want to share for now. I am going to go to bed because it is very late, and I shouldn't even be up right now. I've gotta be fresh for my little two year olds coming to class tomorrow! Good night!

No comments: