Deep Thoughts

Rick Warren (via Twitter): No one can control your emotions without your permission. Who are you allowing to ruin your day?



Tuesday, June 9

Way to Mom's Heart

Last night while reading books with Rachel and Cole, I had an "aaah moment". We were talking about the pictures on the page, and I asked about the flowers, "what do we do with flowers?" In asking this I was expecting the usual response of them leaning into the page like they were smelling the flowers. Instead, Cole turned on my lap, touched my chest, and said, "uh Mom" with a big smile.

Cole is not much of a talker; he says about 30-40 words -compared to Rachel who probably says over 150 and uses complete sentences. He doesn't combine words much either, but does verbalize some grunts and syllables here and there amongst his actual words. So . . . all this to really just to say his "uh Mom" really meant give them "to Mom"!

What a sweet (unexpected) answer from a very sweet boy!

No comments: