Deep Thoughts

Rick Warren (via Twitter): No one can control your emotions without your permission. Who are you allowing to ruin your day?



Saturday, June 6

Unsettling

I just wrote a resume, reference list, and cover letter. I haven't done that in years, and it felt very strange! I am not even applying for a "real" job, but it made me nervous just putting it all together as it led me to think of the day that I will go back to work at a "real" job. Yikes! I know stay-at-home-moms do it all the time so I am sure there will be a place for me somewhere, but whew!

So, if I am not applying for a real job, why am I doing this? you might be asking. The Nursery Coordinator position at our church is available. It is actually a paid position (I've never been at a church that pays for this spot), but it makes good enough money that I figure I can schedule workers on Sunday mornings as well as any other events that need childcare. It is a paid position but they don't have any formal application or anything (the previous person filling the position was also director of the early childhood center our church hosts and is retiring after 22 years), so I am doing the whole sha-bang of cover letter, resume, and references. These people know me, so it will be interesting to see if they actually get all official and call references, interview, etc. If they do, I guess I can chalk it up to good experience. What if I don't get the job though?! I guess I will have to come back here to share my misery with all my (three) loyal readers! You will help me feel better, right? :)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Well, Good Luck!

I can't imagine you NOT getting the job though.

your biased AIL,

:)

harkinna said...

you will get it...please! :P

SAHM said...

Well, I have an ACTUAL interview for this coordinator position. I guess that is a good sign, but it is making me laugh that they are doing this. I will laugh even harder if they actually called any of my references. I know we haven't been around that long, but seriously I directed the preschool portion of the VBS program last year (and doing it again this year), organized and ran the first fall festival the church has had, and the children's director (not the one who had this job -she was in charge of other things- who also just retired) wanted me to have her job (I declined applying as I am not really ready to go back to work yet with R/C not being ready for school), so I think they should know what I am about. Any-who . . . Interview is on Monday. Will keep you updated. :)