Deep Thoughts

Rick Warren (via Twitter): No one can control your emotions without your permission. Who are you allowing to ruin your day?



Friday, June 19

Swimming

Friday is a day off from swim lessons, so I took the kids to swim at our friends' house. Even though the lady of the house always assures me we can come "whenever", I always call ahead. I called around 10:15 this morning, and her teenage daughter was still sleeping and she didn't think they had any plans for the day.

I decided to get ready to leave ASAP so when the daughter got up and shared her plans with her mother, we would hopefully be out of the way by then. As it was close enough to lunch time that I didn't want to come home with cranky kids, I threw together a "snack lunch" of popcorn, pretzels, goldfish crackers, grapes, apples & peanut butter, cheese, and Gatorade. It was definitely a good plan because by the time we got suited and sunscreen covered, packed the food, put the dog out, dropped off some VBS materials at another friend's house, filled the van with gas (after having to turn the van because I pulled up on the wrong side of the pump?!), it was 11:15 when we got there. AND, just before we arrived the pool guys showed up. While they did their thing, the kids ate their lunch on the patio and patiently waited for the guys to be done. It didn't take long so with partially full tummies, the kids took off for the pool and we played for two hours.

We all had a great time and came home tired!

No comments: