Deep Thoughts

Rick Warren (via Twitter): No one can control your emotions without your permission. Who are you allowing to ruin your day?



Friday, June 12

My Little Brother




My little, okay, I should really say younger brother has been living in Europe for the last two years. He just got married this December to his Greek bride and I have shared pictures here (I hope they don't mind!). I am very proud of him. He is currently working on learning various coding languages for computer programming (although I probably didn't say that correctly), and his wife is in the market for a job. Unfortunately, they are not interested in moving to the US, so we will have to make good use of the internet to keep in touch and look forward to visits. We have yet to figure out how to afford the six of us traveling to Austria or how to afford me being gone for an entire week (really the only length of time to make the long trip worthwhile) to go visit on my own.

Just a note, his wedding was nothing like what is depicted in A Big Fat Greek Wedding, nor is his bride's family in any way/shape/form similar to the family in the film. Although I give my readers credit that you would be smart enough to know this, I feel obligated to make that statement.

No comments: