Deep Thoughts

Rick Warren (via Twitter): No one can control your emotions without your permission. Who are you allowing to ruin your day?



Monday, June 20

Back On-Line!

Now that I am back to my normal stress level and am on-line, I hope to be sharing more again here.

A new chapter in our life has started with this move. It's like other moves in that we are starting all over again -new church, new school, new friends, new opportunities- but it is also our first move that has allowed us to become more connected with our hometown family.

I worked on updating the background and colors of our family blog today, so you might see an update here soon too. The problem still remains with the title of our family blog "Cowboys" doesn't fit us the best anymore. I haven't looked into how it works to change that though or what a better name might be for us now. (hmmmm)

I seem to have made it through all the stress that I mentioned in my previous posts with nothing worse than exhaustion which I seem to be recovering from gradually. I can't tell if my "tiredness" now is from being bored or I am actually tired. Moving into a new house + four kids + a husband who works a lot of hours = bored?! Probably doesn't sound quite right, but without the busy-ness of driving kids to/from school and activities and without my church job and without all the hours I normally put into Vacation Bible School during the summer actually does leave me rather unscheduled. There are plenty of things I could be working on like the last few organizing things in the house, crafting projects, mailing the pile of goodies sitting on the desk waiting to be mailed, and making some phne calls regarding changes of address and bank account info ... but I am enjoying doing nothing other than daily chores, spending time with the kids, and reading.

2 comments:

Sarah Geringer said...

glad to hear from you! I'll be praying for your transition :)

Lisa said...

Having a little "bored" time for yourself right now is probably a very good thing. Re-charge before the fall hits. You'll soon be busy, busy, busy again! :)

Once again...welcome back home!