Deep Thoughts

Rick Warren (via Twitter): No one can control your emotions without your permission. Who are you allowing to ruin your day?



Sunday, February 22

Don't know what

to say, but I gotta say something because I haven't reported in for a week. Too many things going on around here, I guess. We did have a big week- a new dog (arrived last Sunday), toddler beds for the two year olds (set up on Monday), regularly schedule gymnastic classes for the younger three, the weekly basketball practice on Tuesday with game day on Saturday for the oldest, hosting a "cocktail party" for the recruits for Rob's department at work, and -of course- all the cleaning, planning, shopping, food prep, and then cleaning again that goes along with hosting a party, and keeping up with life in general. I have already started doing some planning for the summer Vacation Bible School program at church, so I often find myself paging through the manuals or on-line hunting for decorating ideas, craft options, bulk pricing on certain items, etc.

Going with the topic of food prep, it often seems like extra cooking projects come in groups around here. For example, this past Friday I took a meal to a family in the athletic dept. in which the mom has a broken arm so wives have been taking turns helping out by bringing them dinner. (As a side, this is the family that inspired my thankfulness the no one in our family has food allergies. In preparing for this family, it had to be something that met a no salt and no dairy restriction- a bit difficult in my opinion.) We had the party Saturday. I made a small contribution to a church luncheon today (nothing big or difficult- just remembering to take it was the hardest part!) On Wednesday, I am preparing lunch for the teachers at the kids' school.

So, nothing exciting to say here today, but that is all that I have to say because I actually sat down with the computer to do some VBS work, but felt like I really needed to make a report of some sort. Signing off in Oklahoma,

No comments: