Deep Thoughts

Rick Warren (via Twitter): No one can control your emotions without your permission. Who are you allowing to ruin your day?



Saturday, November 8

Clothes

As I was logging into my email this morning, I noticed another headline about Sarah Palin and the amount of money she has spent on clothes. I don't really know what the whole issue is with her clothes and/or clothing budget as it may be or how the whole thing got started, but here is my question. Does anyone ever question the amount of money men candidates spend on their clothes? Just because their suits all tend to look alike doesn't mean they only have one or two. I am guessing they have just as many suits (or more!) as well as ties, socks, coats, etc. than Sarah Palin and their suits likely cost just as much (or more!) than one of her dresses or suits. It seems like a really silly thing for people to be worrying about or making an issue of.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I totally agree!

This was just a little reminder that women are still viewed as objects and not equals. As a society we talk the talk, but in reality the media leads us down this all to familiar path.