Deep Thoughts

Rick Warren (via Twitter): No one can control your emotions without your permission. Who are you allowing to ruin your day?



Sunday, November 9

Birthday Party Follow-up

So, we get our gift buying done yesterday. Robbie gets ready for the party today after lunch; it was a swimming party, so he is getting on a swimsuit. The other three of my kids want to put on their suits too. A no-go from me, so they are all disappointed; Alexa most of all since she actually understands what she is going to be missing. Anyway, we all get in the van; Cole and Rachel fall asleep on the way there; they wake up when we get there and walk Robbie in. Upon arrival, the mom tells me we are all welcome to stay and swim. I gracefully decline since I need to Cole and Rachel back home to really sleep. She asks if Alexa can swim and says she could stay. Well, Alexa doesn't really swim, so I wouldn't have left her anyway and I know she needs some rest too (we all stayed up late watching a disappointing football game last night). However, the point here: Alexa hears the offer and is again disappointed and mad at me that I don't let her stay, and she didn't have a suit with her even if we could have stayed. In the end, everyone did fine and got a rest at home, and Robbie had fun at the party. Do my frustrations with this really matter? No. Will I continue to dwell on it? No. End of story. Thanks for listening tho.

No comments: