Deep Thoughts

Rick Warren (via Twitter): No one can control your emotions without your permission. Who are you allowing to ruin your day?



Thursday, April 30

Reading and Cakes (HA!)

Not only have I not been posting much these days, I haven't been reading much either. My friend, Nicole, sent me an interesting book entitled People of the Book that she reviewed on her blog here. I was in the middle of a couple of other books when it arrived so it had to wait a week or so for me to get started. I have now been reading it close to three weeks and am over half done, quite interested in what is going on, but just don't have a lot of free time to make it move any faster. I am also quite behind on blog readings. I check in here and there on a few, haven't left a comment in who knows how long, and am way out of touch in general. Never fear, it is okay, because my real life here is plenty of entertainment these days.

All that to lead into the fact that I was taking a moment this afternoon to do some blog reading and on a friend's blog her blog roll (or whatever it is called) happened to catch my eye and I clicked on the top one entitled Cake Wrecks . I think I have glanced at this one before, but I took a peek again today and it made me laugh out loud so you can click on the name if you happen to have some spare moments and feel like you might want to laugh out loud as well. PLEASE USE CAUTION if any of you have sleeping little people like I do right now . . . although the content is funny and laughing is good for your health, you don't want to wake them just for the sake of a chuckle or two!

2 comments:

SAHM said...

Okay, so I am being a goofball leaving a comment on my own blog, but I just looked at the Cake Wrecks site some more and laughed OUT LOUD (I tell you) AGAIN! Whew! If you have ever had a cake disaster, read this and it might help you feel better. :)

harkinna said...

you are too funny...did you see the baby riding a carrot tie? LOVED IT.