Deep Thoughts

Rick Warren (via Twitter): No one can control your emotions without your permission. Who are you allowing to ruin your day?



Friday, January 23

Kids and Veggies

There are various ideas about getting kids to eat their vegetables. One of the sneaky ways is to hide them in other foods after pureeing (sp?) them. In fact there is a whole book published on different mixtures of veggies based on colors, textures, and tastes and what foods to hide them in including red sauces, casseroles, and even desserts. The name of the book is The Sneaky Chef and there is, of course, mucho info on line where you can learn more and even get some recipes. It is an interesting concept and certainly has good points if it is helping get/keep kids healthy, but it doesn't teach them to be healthy.

I just read an on-line article about kids eating vegetables and, even though it doesn't appear to be super scientific or ground-breaking, I felt like it had some good points. So . . . you can read more about it here for other ideas. I know one thing that I have to remind myself is to serve things to my kids that I don't particularly like (which then I eat too) so they can be exposed to more than just my tastes.

1 comment:

harkinna said...

That was a great article. I do eat in a substantially similar manner to my father...which is kind of weird to notice.