Deep Thoughts

Rick Warren (via Twitter): No one can control your emotions without your permission. Who are you allowing to ruin your day?



Thursday, January 20

Keeping Up and Slacking Off

So, I had gotten in a bit of a groove again of posting more regularly here. I was pleased with that (even tho maybe no one is reading). However, now that I am working to keep up with my 12 pages a day in my Bible, I have slacked off again on posting.

Of course, I was also reading a book for fun that I finished last night, so now maybe if I just read the Bible I will still find time to post and read . . . anyway, I digress . . .

At least, I AM doing my Bible readings even after my slow first day. In fact, yesterday I read a bit ahead, so today I only have 10 pages to read which is why I am here right now using those extra few minutes to report in.

Also, we have a snow day today, which adds about an hour and a half to my day since I have no school drop off and pick up. My work out also got canceled so that gives me another hour! Just think of all the things I can do!

Of course, so far all I have done so far is feed my kids, shower and get dressed, read email, checked on a couple of my coupon sights for good deals, read my friend Nicole's blog, and checking in here now. However, I would normally be at my workout right now, so all I would have done is feed the kids at this point, well, and be exercising . . .

There are still plenty of more hours to get things done. Right now my kids are wondering if they can go play in the one inch of snow we have so I am going to scope out how cold it is so I know how many layers they need to wear.

Yes, I did say one inch of snow.

And, yes, I did say we are having a snow day.

And, yes, I know that sounds ridiculous, but we live in Oklahoma so that is the way things roll here.

And, it is actually the layer of ice under the snow that is what canceled school today as the winter weather began with freezing rain last night.

Still a little pathetic, I know, but that is life in the south.

Happy day to all!

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

I'm reading it! :) Maybe a couple of days later, but here I am. I think on this day, we had a couple of inches of snow, a low of -4 degrees with wind chills of -30. We did not have a snow day and I was bummed! However, it will be nice to get out of school on time in June....yes I said June!