Deep Thoughts

Rick Warren (via Twitter): No one can control your emotions without your permission. Who are you allowing to ruin your day?



Thursday, August 5

Life Goes On

... and not in a bad way, but sometimes it gets away from me. Obviously much time has passed since I have been here. I see new followers I don't know and some strange comments on my last post that don't seem to have anything to do with my post. Oh well . . . I guess that is what happens with a public blog, eh?

All is well in our world, but so much has happened, I don't even know where to start. Maybe I will just start with today.

We have a friend staying with us a couple of days while her parents are out of town to be with a sick relative. Adding an extra one to the four permanent ones doesn't make things harder but it is sometimes interesting fitting someone "new" into our schedule, even the relaxed schedule of summer. A neighborhood friend also joined us for much of the late afternoon and evening hours; he is here enough that he just goes with the flow.

Today was mainly spent sleeping in (we had LOTS of company last night), playing Wii, swimming, building tents and forts, eating, and enjoying a movie night.

It was the first official day of football for the season, so the man of the house stayed busy with that today. He did make it home surprisingly early (just after 8PM) but crashed in bed not much later as he has an EARLY morning tomorrow.

As I am getting tired myself, I will sign off for tonight, but I will try (really try) to come back more often.

No comments: