Deep Thoughts

Rick Warren (via Twitter): No one can control your emotions without your permission. Who are you allowing to ruin your day?



Friday, August 13

Hannah's Socks- service project

I am generally on the look out for good service projects. I particularly like ones that include action because most of the projects I look for or create are for use with kids. When the "project" just calls for a money donation, I don't feel like most kids get much out of it because most kids don't use their own money for things like. Generally it seems that parents hand out the cash or write a check that the kid carries to school or church. As is likely true for most busy families, they probably don't even talk about it much.

If the story is good enough that I can make an impact on the kids from my presentation end, I will do money or item collections. A while back I came across one that had a good enough story -it all started with one little girl- that I did use it anyway and asked for the kids to send in socks.

So, if you are looking for a service project for your family, school, church, or community group -or just want to read a heart warming story- check out Hannah's story by clicking the following link.

HANNAH'S STORY

No comments: