Deep Thoughts

Rick Warren (via Twitter): No one can control your emotions without your permission. Who are you allowing to ruin your day?



Saturday, April 4

Am I Too Old for This?

Last Saturday I spent getting ready for my son's birthday party. I felt quite comfortable doing that and enjoyed the preparations and watching him celebrate with his friends.

Today I am getting ready to co-host a bachelorette party. I am having fun with the preparations although am a little unsettled because I haven't actually been to the wine bar (so fancy, eh?) where we are starting the evening. I have a variety of decorative items but don't actually know what kind of space I will be working with.

I am looking forward to an evening "out with the girls" even though half of them are young (some much younger!) ladies from Rob's work and the other half I don't know because they work with the bride-to-be. Anyway, back to the topic of this post, am I too old for something like this? I feel too old for things like this. It has been six years since I have gone out on the town! I guess the real answer will decided after I get there and how soon I start looking at my watch and wondering when I get to go to bed! :)

No comments: