Deep Thoughts

Rick Warren (via Twitter): No one can control your emotions without your permission. Who are you allowing to ruin your day?



Wednesday, August 6

Van is Back!

Hooray! We picked up the van today -an outting that in itself was an adventure. We were borrowing my mom's car, so I had the four kids and drove across town to the mechanic's lot. We parked in a non-parking place but as close to the van as we could. I first got the van started and the a/c on (as the black van gets a bit toasty when it has been closed up and it is 102 degrees outside), and then carried Cole still buckled in his seat to the van and secured his seat to the van seat. Alexa followed. Then I carried Rachel to the van still buckled in her seat to the van and secured her. Robbie followed. I then went back to the car to get all of our miscellaneous traveling items (mail I picked up on our way out, a pacifier, my purse, a stray shoe, a cup, a toy) and got them to the van. Then I pulled my mom's car up a bit, pulled the van out of the parking spot, pulled the car into the parking spot, and then returned to the van to actually leave the mechanic's lot. Although the a/c did seem to be working just fine, it took me a while to cool off from making the switch . . . like I've said before, it is HOT here in Oklahoma. I'm not quite sure how the football players practice in full pads in heat like this. Whew!

1 comment:

harkinna said...

Does not really seem like you stay at home all that much!!!