Deep Thoughts

Rick Warren (via Twitter): No one can control your emotions without your permission. Who are you allowing to ruin your day?



Thursday, July 21

Work Day

Finally getting motivated to work on the house...mainly in the area of cleaning. I have been keeping up with basic cleaning, but in the six+ weeks we have been here, I haven't done any serious cleaning. You know, like dusting the wood paneling in our family room ("Seriously I have to dust the walls?!" is what I was thinking while I did it), sweeping under the area rug, cleaning both sides of the windows, dusting under items on shelves instead of just feather dusting around them.

Here let me insert an apology to anyone who has visited or stayed with us prior to now when house was not so clean.

I also have moved a few small pieces of furniture around that I have been thinking about for a while. Things look a little more "homey" now than just dropped in the rooms as well as bit more organized. I am a perpetual "reorganizer" ... I always think there is probably a better way to set something up to make it more efficient or look better. I have changed a couple of things in the time we have been here, but I have spent most of my time contemplating options UNTIL TODAY!

Part of me doesn't want to "waste" too much time on things like this when we are likely only going to be in this house for a year (maybe two), but I feel like I need a project so today I am working instead of reading or playing. There are also a few things I would like to buy to help in this pursuit, but along with not wasting time, I don't want to spend much money on things that may not be useful in a future home.

This week has been kind of a rough one, so I think that is what has motivated me to try to be productive. Why is it rough? you may ask. Well, it has been rough for me because it is Vacation Bible School week back at our church in Oklahoma. That was always such a big part of my summer/year/life, that I am really missing it and my friends, especially my preschooler friends. (sigh)

Anyway, my pity party is over and I am going to get back to work! Maybe some pictures will show up later.

No comments: