Deep Thoughts

Rick Warren (via Twitter): No one can control your emotions without your permission. Who are you allowing to ruin your day?



Saturday, December 13

Making Something

I LOVE MAKING THINGS - whether it is food in the kitchen or some kind of craft. In fact, I look forward to holidays because there often so many fun ideas of things to create. There have been previous years where I made all of our gifts for Christmas- partly for a financial reason, but an even bigger part is that I love doing it. HOWEVER, this year I have no interest in making anything! I got out some craft supplies in October for some projects that I was planning and I have done nothing with them other than move them from one spot to another when they get in my way.
I am not actually sure if no interest is my problem or that it is difficult for me to find the time and space to make any real progress without interruptions which then deters me from even getting started. I have a couple of projects that I really would like to complete that aren't difficult or too time consuming, so I am hoping to complete them this weekend. One of them is our annual teacher gift. Once completed, I will add a photo and blurb (or at least I will try to). The other thing I haven't done anything of is bake cookies or make the variety of chocolate treats that I usually do. I have all the ingredients for those things as well.
I'm sure once I get started, I will have get in the mood and enjoy myself. For any readers out there who might receive one of these gifts, please know that your gift was made in love even if you feel my reluctance to get started on it!

No comments: